Saturday, October 18, 2014

This Week on the Island 10/18/2014

‘This Week on the Island’ is written by Doug Bennett and is an update to friends about happenings in Key West last week. Everything is true except for those parts that are lies.
Weather: Beautiful. In the mid 70’s to low 80’s and no humidity. Blue skies, white clouds and lots of sunshine.
This week I started ‘Skink No Surrender’ by Carl Hiaasen.

This week was Goombay. It is a celebration of our Caribbean heritage.  Goombay was held on Patronia Street in Bahama Village.




The next two pictures are from http://conchscooter.blogspot.com/


Of Course Jo and I had a couple adult beverages and some cigars. The longer the ash on a cigar the better it was made. This was a good one.

We leave you this week with the Junkanoo’s

Note:
Sunday will be the Zombie Bike Ride. I was on my way to Stock Island to register Jo and I for the ride and as I crossed Kennedy Drive a lady trying to beat the traffic light knocked me off my tricycle. Got a little banged up, but not enough to make me miss the Zombie Bike Ride. Last year there were over 5,000 riders, this year they expect 10,000.

Key West you have got to love it
'Close to Perfect, far from Normal’
Doug Bennett
Lat 24.5591N, Long 81.8016W
You may join this group by going to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ThisWeekontheIsland/