Saturday, June 25, 2022

This Week on the Island 06/26/2022

‘This Week on the Island’ is written by Doug Bennett and is an update to friends about happenings in Key West last week. Everything is true except for those parts that are lies.

The Weather

This week started with Father’s Day. This is my Grandfather T.S. Bennett, my father T. J. Bennett and my older brother T. J. Bennett Jr. This is a very old picture. My older brother is in his 80’s now.

The next picture is Swim Around Key West that happens every year. It is a 12-mile swim with single swimmers and tag teams. Each swimmer or tag team has a team member that follows them in a kayak of some other boat.

We spent some time at the Miami VA this week.  Part of my military disability is missing front teeth. The VA built a bridge that has worked well for over 20 years, but it finally broke and they are looking at what needs to be done. They made lots of x-rays, examined each tooth and did a dental mole of all my teeth. My next appointment is in October where they will probable remove what is left of the old bridge and get me ready for whatever comes next.

The Eagle is docked at Mallory Square.


We leave you with ‘Easy like Sunday morning’.


Key West

Close to Perfect, Far from Normal’

GDougBennett@att.net