Tuesday, March 01, 2005

This Week on the Island 01/10/2004

'This week on the Island' is written by Doug Bennett and is an update to friends about happenings in Key West last week. Everything is true except for those parts that are lies.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Weather is here, wish you were beautiful! What can I say. From now until the middle of April will be beautiful. This is why most of us live here.

On Stock Island, just before you cross the bridge into Key West, is Hurricane Hole. Next to Hurricane Hole is the old Key West Drive in Theater. That area appears to be the next piece of land ready for development into 'affordable housing'. We need cheaper housing for the people that work here, but that is also the place where I like to kayak in the mangroves. It won't be very long before Key West is all pavement. The price of property is out of the roof. The value of our house has doubled in the last 4 years. There is a booth (3' x 6') on the corner of Duval and Caroline that is for sale for $20,000, or for rent for $1,000 a week.

Big Foot, the cat that was captured from the Truman Annex and taken up north, had a date set for a trial. The folks from up north that took the cat didn't show. They have taken the cat to their vet and received papers saying the cat is theirs. More later.

Key West, You have got to love it
'Meet me at the end of the road' - Conchy Tonkin'-
Doug Bennett

PS
My Vertigo (dizziness) is getting better each day. The first week it was like seasickness. I sat still and tried not to move my head. The second week was better, I could move around the house without falling down. Tried to take the dogs for a few walks, but I looked like some kind of drunk the way I walk. I have not heard from my doctor on the MRI so I will get in touch with him Monday.