Saturday, February 08, 2020

This Week on the Island 02/09/2020


‘This Week on the Island’ is written by Doug Bennett and is an update to friends about happenings in Key West last week. Everything is true except for those parts that are lies.
The Weather:  Beautiful most of the week, but rain on Friday.

I finished the book that I started last week.
I started another book.
The big news this week has been the Coronavirus. I have seen lots of people drinking Corona’s. I assume they are trying to keep from getting the virus.
With the cruise ships here almost every day. I expect the Coronavirus to be in Key West most any time.
This week we also had the Polar Bear Club plunge into the water. It was 66 degrees with a water temperature of 74
This vehicle was there for the plunge.
Teeki and I dropped by Captain Tony’s a couple of times this week. They have run out of treats.
We end this week with a picture of T0rtou. She is a tortoise (not a turtle). She will live about 150 years and grow to about 130 pounds.
Key West,
Close to Perfect, Far from Normal’
GDougBennett@att.net