Sunday, October 15, 2006

This Week on the Island 10/15/2006



'This week on the Island' is written by Doug Bennett and is an update to friends about happenings in Key West last week. Everything is true except for those parts that are lies.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key West: (I am displaying pictures of places the Parrot Heads may want to visit when they come to Key West in November.) The picture this week is Schooner Wharf Bar. This is my favorite place on the whole island.

The Weather: Just another beautiful week in paradise, 80's in the day and high 70's at night.

This was my first week back in Key West after my escape from the VA Hospital where I had total knee replacement surgery. I seem to be doing OK, but I can't get my knee to bend as much as it should. Guess I had better keep working on that.

It has been a very quite week with most people in town getting ready for 'Fantasy Fest' starting next week. We will have over 50,000 visitors for a week and a half. This is the biggest event in Key West for the year. After the slow down of summer, the people in the tourist industry look forward to making a few dollars.

Stone Crab season begins today. Bring on the butter.


Key West, You have got to love it
'Meet me at the end of the road' - Conky Tonkin'- Jimmy Buffett
Doug Bennett
Lat 24.5597N, Long 81.8016W


You may join this group by going to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ThisWeekontheIsland/