Sunday, February 27, 2005

This Week on the Island 01/25/2004

'This week on the Island' is written by Doug Bennett and is an update to friends about happenings in Key West last week. Everything is true except for those parts that are lies.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have spent most of this week painting the upstairs, ripping out the old carpet, repairing floors, and installing new carpet. I hurt all over and have lost 5 pounds. I'm getting too old for the manual labor stuff.

The 'Snottie Yachties' have left the island, there were 301 boats, divided into 21 classes, representing 18 countries. They were really quite beautiful out on the water. I was told this morning that the 'Snottie Yachties' have a new name, they are called WAFI (Wind Activated F---ing Idiots).

Friday night while walking Wyleigh the dog, I met some people from the BlueWater Parrot Head Club of Michigan. Very friendly people, I enjoyed talking with them.

There is a 'Kraft Fair' today on the corner of Whitehead and Caroline. There is a 'Health Fair' at the high school, There is a parade of Southern and Northern solders on Duval this morning. The high today is 77 degrees with beautiful skies. I don't think that I want to get back upstairs and back to work. I think I will go kayaking.

Doug Bennett
Key West, you have got to love it.